Thursday, December 19, 2013

Try a Photo Challenge (Or Not) Part II

So now you all know about "The 25 Days of Christmas Photo Challenge" and how I haven't been doing particularly well with it. Yes, of course, my sister is better at this Christmas thing than I, but another problem has been the timing of the various themes. Day 6 was "Friends" and we had our friends over on Day 5. Even if we had other friends, we would never have had people over two days in a row, so I missed that day.  Day 16 was "Wrapping". Who even has the shopping done by December 16th? You can't wrap what you haven't bought. Day 17 was "Parties". Who parties on a Tuesday? I missed both of those days. Yesterday, Day 18, was "Sweaters". You guessed it. No picture.

Frustrated I looked back and discovered that this photo challenge was originally created and pinned for the 2012 holiday season. Would that explain the timing? No, not really. "Parties" would have fallen on a Monday rather than a Wednesday. Again, unless you're under 25, you probably don't party much on either Monday or Tuesday. 

Another problem is the squiggly, scripty font the creator used. Here it is again if you missed it yesterday. 




http://www.lindsayramstetterphotography.com/blog/2012/11/get-into-the-holiday-spirit-with-a-photo-challenge

On Day 12 I sent Deb a text which said, "Unless someone named Carol stops by this afternoon, I won't be getting a "Christmas Carol" picture." She responded, "I though it said Christmas Cards".  And so it did. Thank goodness I had gotten one card in the mail that day. Oh, yeah, here are the results from Day 12. Can you guess which offering is mine and which was submitted by my sister, Mrs. Claus?






Today is "Christmas Past" and I have an idea. Tomorrow is "Favorite Ornament" and I have at grand total of four so I should easily be able to choose a favorite. Sunday, the day of our family Christmas party, is "Elves" so I hope a couple of them show up. The challenge continues for six more days. Wish me luck, Guys. I really need it.



2 comments:

  1. Barb,
    I loved this idea but totally failed. I think we should plan one for spring and create topics that we photograph, say April to May. Seed catalogs, First crocus, first robin, the celebratory day on which I no longer have to squeeze snow pants into the boys' backpacks, cleaning out the garden, etc etc.
    What do you think?
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't have a garden, Erin. Oh, what the heck. Count me in.

      Delete